Friday, December 05, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!

Well, we had the big appointment today that we have been anxiously awaiting for a while now! I had a coke just before we went to make sure our little one was moving around. Well, she was sound asleep curled up in a little ball. So, our sonographer took all the measurements necessary & then started pushing around on my stomach to wake her up. She finally did a big stretch and wiggled around enough for us to see the "money" shot! Our sonographer spotted it right away and said "It's a GIRL!" We were both in COMPLETE shock b/c most of you know that I was CONVINCED we were having a little boy and Steve was leaning towards that too! I had been so convinced that all I would look at was boy stuff, boy bedding, etc! Well, we were pleasantly surprised to find out we're having a little girl! I asked her about 5 times if she was sure and she showed me multiple times to reassure me it was indeed a little girl! :)

We are both just ecstatic and in awe of the tiny miracle growing inside me! (we are still in shock too!) :) I think the sweetest part was watching her move around, rub her eyes, yawn & then start sucking her thumb. Steve and I were both thumb suckers and it looks like we have passed that trait down! Here are a few pictures of our baby girl. They even did a quick 4D sonogram for free and gave us a couple of those pictures too! Thank you Lord for this amazing blessing!



Top Left: Spinal view, she is facing down
Top Right: It's a girl view
Bottom Left: 4D sono--she is facing us, sleeping, laying on the placenta
Bottom Right: 4D sono--she is facing us, sucking her thumb & you can see her arm (also laying on placenta)

8 comments:

Allison Bellomy said...

Yea for a girl!! that's what I voted :) She is going to have Steve wrapped around her finger! :) Congratulations to both of you!!

Just Call Me Annie said...

man...you really threw everyone off!!! I was SURE it was a boy also, but I'm SO EXCITED about a little Girl!!! Congrats!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Yes!! A GIRL!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you guys and your sweet baby GIRL! I can't wait to buy LOTS and LOTS of pink. :)

coneandmo said...

Congrats! So fun! :)

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff and Steph said...

congratulations guys!!!!! Steve, you are now outnumbered 3 to 1...time to get a male dog!!!

Jeff

Sum said...

Alright for baby girl Buggles!!!! I can't wait to buy pink pink pink!!