Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Day!

Today was veteran's day and we got to spend it in a special way! Steve's grandmother, Oma, was a WASP (Woman Airforce Service Pilot) during World War II. She was getting recognized today at Love Field Airforce Base by Kay Bailey Hutchison and she was able to come in town for the special ceremony. She had not met Cambry yet due to distance and health & we were able to go up to Love Field today so they could meet! It was a sweet, sweet time and we are so very thankful that Cambry got to meet her great grandmother Oma today!

When Oma saw her for the first time...aww!!!







I love this picture. Cambry got tired and snuggled up with Oma. So sweet!

4 comments:

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

I got teary eyed reading this post. The pictures are so sweet. I love seeing grandparents with their great grandchildren!

The Cobbs said...

So sweet! Also, my grandmother was a WASP, too! Steve, I think I recognize your grandmother from a WASP event we attended last year. We'll have to talk!

The Scogin Family said...

Oh, those pics are just precious! I so wish my grandmother could have met my babies. What sweet memories! So glad she was able to come down! :)

The Flesher Family said...

aww..that is the sweetest post. It made me cry looking at her Oma's reaction when she first saw her...what a sweet sweet thing.