Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting ready for Chase!

We spent the majority of November getting ready for Chase! We got some projects done around the house, his room finished, Christmas shopping done and wrapped and now we are just waiting! Chase's original due date is December 14. I am going to try for a VBAC with him if my body will go into labor on its own. If not, we have a c-section scheduled for December 16th. We are looking forward to meeting our little guy in just a few days, however he decides to make his debut!! So exciting!! Below are a few snapshots Steve took of his nursery...






I decided to do a few crafty things for his room: The c's on above his crib, a license plate name I saw in Canton & letter canvases I tried to recreate from Pottery Barn. It was a little more work than I originally thought, but I had fun doing it!







My grandfather built this shelf for me when I was a little girl for my aquarium I got for my b-day one year. It has been repainted TONS, followed me to college, was in our guest bedroom and Steve repainted it red for Chase's room! And...my sweet friend Sarah made the adorable door hanger for the hospital that you see propped up on the shelf. Isn't she crafty?! I LOVE IT!!



My talented Mom made curtains for his room, just like she did for Cambry's. I LOVE the detail of the red buttons that she added to them! Thanks, Mom!!





You're room is ready and waiting for when you get here, Chase Tyler!

6 comments:

Anna said...

His room looks awesome! Can't wait to meet him. I know you're ready. Praying for you!

Unknown said...

The room looks great...love the letter collage. I am going to try a VBAC too. I will pray that you go into labor so you can try it too. :) Now, I am going to have to track down Sarah to make me a door hanger...so cute! :) hee hee

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Chase's room looks ready, mama sounds ready....Can't wait for him to make his debut! I hope it all works out perfectly :)

Sarah said...

The nursery looks soooo good!!! I love all of your personal touches. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for the shout out about the door hanger. I'm so glad that you like it. :-)

I'm so proud of you for trying a VBAC! That is awesome! I know that the Lord will bless you for being so courageous.

I can't wait to meet your sweet boy!

sarah said...

His nursery looks amazing! I can't believe you did those Pottery Barn "inspired" canvases. Too cute! All the crafty touches are perfect.
All it's missing is... a baby! :)

The Flesher Family said...

so excited for you guys! Halie you did such an amazing job on the little guys room. So cute!! I will have to hire you whenever I have another little one to plan for:) Best wishes with the delivery. Can't wait to meet this little one.-Lindsey