Wednesday, November 08, 2006

ESPN College GameDay!

Halie and I took a trip down to College Station for a weekend full of football! ESPN GameDay came to Kyle Field for only the 2nd time ever. I had always kind of regretting missing the first time when I was in school, so I made sure we went this time. We got there about an hour early and had a really good spot along the fence. Unfortunately, I don't think we got on camera.

It turned out to be a very long day as the game wasn't until 7pm that night. And sadly the Aggies ran out of time to beat the Sooners. It was a very exciting game but one that left a sour taste in my mouth when we decided to throw from 3rd and goal at the 2 yd line.

We also visited the bonfire memorial which is the first time I've seen it. It was quite a thing to behold and was very tastefully done. Each of the doorways has a carving of the person's face and some notes written about them. The doorways face each person's hometown. It brought back the memories from 1999 when it all happened.

0 comments: