Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Faghet aboudit

I went to New Jersey last week for work. I hadn't been there since I lived there almost 15 years ago. I was excited to see that the place I was going was only an hour away from where I lived. Another thing I realized was that I was going to be about 5 minutes away from Piscataway which is where Rutgers is. Who's Rutgers you might ask? I always thought they were some obscure college team with a lousy football program, until this year and all the hype they've received. It was just a couple of weeks ago when they knocked off #3 Louisville in their biggest win ever. So like on all my trips, I try to go see the stadium where other schools play football.

Rutgers stadium wasn't all that impressive. It reminded me a lot of Colorado's stadium, although maybe a little bigger. It wasn't that tall but was sunk into the ground a bit. The Rutgers campus wasn't nearly as nice looking as I expected. Most of the buildings were fairly non-descript. I figured an old New England school would look much nicer.

After my visit to Rutgers I stopped by my old house. I snapped some pictures of it for my parents. I lived there for 3 years growing up. It was kind of weird to go back because it still looked the exact same and it brought back a lot of memories. I also took some pictures of the lake where I learned to sail and where I spent a lot of time. Check them all out in the Gallery.

0 comments: