Thursday, July 26, 2007

Curtains, Curtains, Curtains!

Our formal living and dining room has been without curtains since we've lived here which is over 3 years. I've just never really found anything I loved or that were reasonably priced enough for all the windows. Well, this summer, my mom & I decided to make some! We went on an extensive fabric hunt at all the fabric stores in the area & ended up finding a fabric I love at Cutting Corners. My mom has been so patient with me as she taught me along the way how to make them. Making curtains really aren't that hard, it is just very time consuming. I did all the cutting & ironing & she did all the sewing & hand stitching. Well, a month later, all 7 panels are now complete and hanging! Thanks, Mom, for all your help! :) Below are a few pictures--I only have a before pic of 1 set of windows.

Before


After


3 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Those look great - awesome job! Funny thing is I just bought some fabric for my window and my mom is coming in a week to help me sew them :) haha

Sarah said...

Way to go, Hay-Bay! The curtains look great! Can't wait to see them in person. :)

Coby and Sally said...

Those are really cute!! I'm impressed!! :)

Sally