Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cambry's Room & 38 Weeks!

We finished Cambry's room a little while back but am just now getting around to posting some pictures/collages that Steve took of it. We are really happy with how it turned out and now we are just waiting on our sweet baby girl to decide when she wants to come see it!



This is a shelf that my Grandfather built for my room when I was a little girl. We painted it black and it fit perfectly over her dresser. Also, my dad gave us the "Little Princess" sign for Christmas just after we had found out we were having a girl. It's special to us because he had been calling our baby "Little Princess" ever since we found out we were pregnant because he just "knew" it was going to be a girl. :)



I decided to try and be crafty! I made the lamp shade and the bow holder--both of which I saw on other people's blogs.



I found the sweet wall hanging with that saying on it in Canton. I had seen it each month when my mom & I were there and everytime I would tear up when I read it. When we decided to go with a pink/black theme, I knew I had to get it!



My mom made the cute curtains and we added pink & green ribbon to the top of them. I know you can't see a full shot of them, but she did a wonderful job!


This is this "dollhouse" that my Grandfather built for my sisters and I when we were little. It got passed down from room to room growing up. It was painted like a dollhouse but its meant to be used as storage inside. Our sweet family friend, Jenna, repainted it to go in Cambry's room. We absolutely love it! Thanks, Jenna!


Finally, I had my 38 week appt. yesterday. Surprise, surprise--my body has not done anything, although Cambry did decide to wiggle back down in her "dropped" position. My doctor is still predicting I will make it to 40 weeks or later due to my family history of my mom being late with my sisters and I and how my body is doing nothing yet. We talked about a tenative induction date of May 4 if she hasn't arrived by my due date of April 30! It's wierd to think I could be having her in May when all this time I have had April in my head. We know that God has His perfect timing of her arrival and we are anxious to meet her whenever that may be!

38 week pic--Steve was testing out his new white background.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Her room is precious. I am so impressed by the lamp and bow board. You will have to tell me how you did it so I can make one for Faith. Where did you get all the fabric for the curtains..it is so pretty. I love the purchase from Canton and what it says...so true! :) Can't wait to see her soon.

Evan and Nicole said...

Beautiful Nursery! I especially love the lamp shade :) It turned out great! Best Wishes with your precious little one!

babygooch.blogspot.com

Nicole

Unknown said...

Halie!!!!

Her room is beyond cute!!! I can't get over it, for real. And look at you all crafty. What's gotten into you? Love it! And the painted old doll house has left me drooling.

I too love that saying on her frame. I have that in a scrapbook for the kids.

Oh, and Steve's photography of the nursery is great!

Can you tell how much I love this post? :)

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

Halie, the nursery looks awesome! You have worked so hard. It's so good you've had this time at home to prepare for baby Cambry. Can't wait to meet her!

Chris and Amanda said...

The room looks great!

Sarah said...

Wow - so pretty! I love the lamp shade. You're going to have to give me a tutorial. Let's make a deal - I'll teach you the secrets of a great swaddle and you teach me to make your lampshade. HA!

You still look amazing at 38 weeks! I was so miserable at that point, but you are still beaming with happiness. You look so great!!!

coneandmo said...

Hey there! How did you attach the ribbon to the wooden letters. We are doing something similiar and I wasn't sure the best way- hot glue, staple gun...? ;)