Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Our Sweet Little Girl

We're now awake. We both got a decent amount of sleep last night (me more than Halie) so we are feeling better. Thanks for all of your prayers for Halie, they really worked! We got her temperature stablized last night and then they moved us to a post-partum room. It's about the size of your freshman dorm room.

They gave Halie some medicine for her nausea which made her really sleepy. But late last night she was feeling more coherent. She was able to feed Cambry for the first time which made everyone very happy! Cambry was awesome at nursing she has a great sucking reflex. You could hear her making sucking sounds while she was waiting.

Halie is doing well now. We're trying to find a pain medication that doesn't make her sick. I am very proud of how she's handling everything. She has been through so much and never complains. Even through exhaustion yesterday she was able to take care of Cambry. Her know-how and intution about mothering makes it so much easier for me.

Here are a few pics from yesterday. These are just moments after she was delivered. Her initial swelling has gone down quite a bit. I already think she looks different. She definitely has her mommy's pouty lips! I'm in trouble!! :)



9 comments:

Coby and Sally said...

What a beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

She's perfect!!!

The Scogin Family said...

YEA!!! Welcome Sweet Cambry!! You are already loved by so many!! I can't wait to meet you! God knit you together in your Momma's womb - you're JUST the way He designed you....BEAUTIFUL!! :)

Sarah said...

Welcome to the world baby girl!!! What a beautiful baby! My arms are aching to hold that little pumpkin...

Sum said...

I can't wait to get my hands on her again!! Word on the street is that I am already her favorite relative.

The Flesher Family said...

Aww...so sweet! I love the one with her bottom lip sticking out. I am so glad everyone is doing good. So precious! Congrats you two!

Sum said...

more posts plz. thanks.

:)

Angie said...

How precious is she!!! I am so glad that you are all doing good and home with your sweet little girl! Congrats!!!!

Marlene said...

I miss Cambry terribly! I can't wait to hold her soon!
Love, Ya Ya